5 Things You Need to Know Today: Aug. 8
Here's a look at some events going on around the Dexter area today.
The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 86 degrees. A chance of showers and thunderstorms are expected after 5 p.m.
2. Cornman Farm's Summer Harvest Dinner
Chef Alex Young will serve up a bounty of fresh food from his garden in Dexter Township at Zingerman's Roadhouse in Ann Arbor. The dinner costs $50 per person and takes place from 7-10 p.m. For more information, visit http://www.zingermansroadhouse.com/category/events/
3. Artistica holds extended hours through Labor Day
Artistica will be open from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Sundays through Labor Day. Come check out all the new gift items available from Michigan artists.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Tuesday night:
- $3.98 a gallon (regular), $3.99 (diesel), BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.98 a gallon (regular), $3.99 (diesel), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.98 a gallon (regular), $3.99 (diesel), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.98 a gallon (regular), $3.93 (diesel), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $4.09 a gallon (regular), $4.02 (diesel) BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.99 a gallon (regular), $4.02 (diesel), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Aug. 8, 1974: In an evening televised address, President Richard M. Nixon announced his intention to become the first president in American history to resign. With impeachment proceedings underway against him for his involvement in the Watergate affair, Nixon was finally bowing to pressure from the public and Congress to leave the White House. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.