5 Things You Need to Know Today: Feb. 12
Here's a look at some events going on around the Dexter area today.
The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts a chance of snow showers today before 8 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32 degrees. Tuesday night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 23 degrees.
Come have a cup of coco and find out what everyone is reading for the adult winter reading program Hot Reads for Cold Nights at the Dexter District Library. Join in the discussion and share your hot reads or just come hear some recommendations for your winter reading. This will be the second of three gatherings during the program. The final wrap-up party will be on Feb. 28, at 7 p.m.
3. Dexter Village Town Hall Meeting
The village will be holding a town hall meeting on Feb. 12 at 7 p.m. at the Dexter District Library. Community members are welcome to attend this open forum with the village council.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Monday night:
- $3.68 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.79 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.69 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.69 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.79 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.79 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Feb. 21, 1999: On Feb. 12, 1999, the five-week impeachment trial of President Bill Clinton came to an end, with the Senate voting to acquit the president on both articles of impeachment: perjury and obstruction of justice. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.