5 Things You Need to Know Today: Feb. 18
Here's a look at some events going on around the Dexter area today.
The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts a chance of rain after 2 p.m. today. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43 degrees. Monday night there is a 90 percent chance of rain, with a low around 35 degrees.
2. Catch a movie
The Michigan Theatre, 603 E. Liberty St., will show Kung Fu Panda today at 1:30 p.m. The cost is $10 general admission with discounts for seniors, students and members. The movie is free for kids 12 and under.
3. Dexter District Library, Dexter Village offices closed
The Village of Dexter and Dexter District Library will be closed today in honor of Presidents Day. The Dexter Post Office is also closed.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Sunday night:
- $3.84 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.85 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.85 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.95 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.95 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Feb. 18, 1885: On this day in 1885, Mark Twain published his famous--and famously controversial--novel The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.