5 Things You Need to Know Today: March 21
Here is a look at what's going on today around the Dexter area.
We've included a weather update, gas prices and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service is predicting patchy fog before 11 a.m., otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 83 degrees. Tonight it will be clear, with a low around 57 degrees.
2. Spaghetti dinner benefit for Dexter tornado relief fund
Katie's Food and Spirits will host an all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner on March 26 to benefit those affected by the Dexter tornado.
The cost for the dinner is only $10 and includes non-alcoholic beverages. Gordon's Food Service in conjunction with Country Market have supplied the food for the evening. All employees of Katie's have donated their time for this great cause. One-hundred percent of the proceeds raised during the event will go directly to the Dexter Relief Fund. The dinner will be held at 6 p.m.
The Dexter District Library will host a special viewing of the Honor Flight Michigan documentary, “Legacy” followed by a question and answer period with the film’s director, Gabe Downey at 6:30 p.m.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Monday night:
- $3.88 a gallon (regular), $4.13 (diesel), BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.99 a gallon (regular), $4.13 (diesel), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), $4.13 (diesel), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), $4.13 (diesel), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.88 a gallon (regular), $3.99 (diesel) BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.99 a gallon (regular), $4.18 (diesel) Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
March 21, 1963: On this day, Alcatraz Prison in San Francisco Bay closed its doors and transfered its last prisoners. At its peak, the maximum security prison housed up to 200 inmates. For more historical events, visit www.history.com.