5 Things You Need to Know Today: Oct. 2
Here's a look at some events going on around the Dexter area today.
The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts a 50 percent chance of rain today, with a high near 66 degrees. Tuesday night showers are likely, with a low around 56 degrees.
2. Healthy Day Workshop for Kids
In celebration of the Dexter District Library’s 5H Community Read collaborative effort, the library has invited Dynamic West Assemblies to present “Don’t Worry…Be Healthy!” at 11 a.m. Join the fun as you learn the importance of exercise, proper nutrition and a positive attitude. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Dexter Farmers' Market
The Dexter Farmers' Market will be open today beginning at 3 p.m. Come check out all the fresh produce and handmade crafts. The market is located next to the Dexter District Library on Alpine Street.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Monday night:
- $3.84 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.85 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.84 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Oct. 2, 2006: On this day Charles Roberts entered the West Nickel Mines Amish School in Nickel Mines, Penn. where he fatally shot five female students and wounded five more before turning his gun on himself and committing suicide. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.