5 Things You Need to Know Today: Oct. 22
Here's a look at some events going on around the Dexter area today.
The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts a chance of showers after 2 p.m., with partly sunny skies and a high near 70 degrees.
2. Dexter Village Council meeting
The Dexter Village Council will meet tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Dexter Senior Center. The council will consider a resolution to join the Washtenaw County Act 196 regional transit authority. To view a copy of tonight's agenda, visit www.dextervillage.org.
3. Ghosthunting Michigan Book Signing
Helen Pattskyn will be at Nicola's Books in Ann Arbor on Monday with her chilling book "Ghosthunting Michigan". As part of the America’s Haunted Road Trip series, "Ghosthunting Michigan" takes readers along on a guided tour of some of the Great Lake State’s most haunted historic locations. The event takes place at 7 p.m. at 2513 Jackson Road.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Sunday night:
- $3.64 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.65 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.65 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.65 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.65 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.65 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Oct 22, 1962: In a televised speech President John F. Kennedy announces that U.S. spy planes have discovered Soviet missile bases in Cuba. These missile sites—under construction but nearing completion—housed medium-range missiles capable of striking a number of major cities in the United States. The event began the Cuban Missile Crisis. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.