Dexter Fire Department Evacuates Wylie Community Pool Due to Chlorine Leak
A Dexter swim meet was relocated to the Ann Arbor Country Club after parents reported smelling a strong odor of chlorine in the air.
Firefighters evacuated Wylie Community Pool on Saturday after a pool pump malfunctioned, releasing too much chlorine.
According to Ann Arbor.com, families attending a swim meet at the school reported smelling a strong odor of chlorine about 9:15 a.m. Firefighters evacuated about 50 to 75 people, and the swim meet was moved to the Ann Arbor Country Club.
Four members of the Washtenaw County Hazardous Materials Team were called in to help secure the school and ventilate the chlorine from the air in the building.
No injuries were reported.