Christmas is over, but the kids still have plenty of days left before going back to school.
Patch is here to help! Here are some local places you can check out with the whole family to have a fun time during winter break:
- See a movie at the library. The Dexter District Library will have a showing of Madagascar III at 11 a.m. Dec. 28. All children are welcome to come watch the movie and enjoy snacks.
- Play a game of laser tag. Stay active even if the temperature drops at Lazer Planet of Dexter, where you can play a round of indoor laser tag fun and arcade games.
- Ice skate outdoors. If temperatures are cold enough, the outdoor ice skating arena in Dexter's Monument Park will be open. If not, head over to the Arctic Coliseum in Chelsea for some family fun.
- Hands-On Holidays 2012: Hot & Cold. The Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum is hosting its annual Hands-On Holidays event. Attendees will enjoy special activities, including make and take crafts and experiments. Activities will explore the concepts of hot and cold, including the science of temperature. The event takes place through Jan. 5 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For information, call 734-995-5439.
- Les Miserables Sing-Along. Fans of Victor Hugo's classic story Les Miserables can sing their heart out during a special screening on Dec. 30 at noon at the Michigan Theatre in Ann Arbor. Fans have the chance to warble “I Dreamed a Dream” along with Anne Hathaway and sign with all the great songs in the film.
- Take the kids to Jungle Java. Let the kids run wild while you enjoy some time with friends or play along with your kids in the Jungle themed indoor playground. Toddlers can enjoy a separate area designed just for them. Jungle Java is located at 3900 Jackson Road, in Ann Arbor.