The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts a chance of showers before 3 p.m. on Friday, with a high near 54 degrees. Friday night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 35 degrees. Saturday there is a chance of showers, with a high near 49 degrees.
2. Powderpuff Football Game Benefits Breast Cancer Research
The Dexter High School senior girls will take on the junior girls in a Powder Puff football game for charity tonight at 6:30 p.m. at Al Ritt Field behind Creekside Intermediate School.
3. Dexter Community Players' Present Evil Dead: The Musical
Get your zombie fix at the Dexter Community Players' production of Evil Dead: The Musical. The show closes this weekend. For tickets and show times, visit http://dextercommunityplayers.org/.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Thursday night:
- $3.44 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.55 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.55 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Oct 26, 1881: On this day in 1881, the Earp brothers battled against the Clanton-McLaury gang in a legendary shootout at the OK Corral in Tombstone, Ariz. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.