We've included a weather update, gas prices and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service forecasts sunny skies today, with a high near 63 degrees. Tonight there is a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2 a.m.
2. DHS lacrosse versus Ypsilanti
The varsity boys' lacrosse team will take on Ypsilanti Lincoln High School today at 5:30 p.m. Come support the Dreadnaughts!
3. Tribute to the RMS Titanic
The Dexter District Library will show Ghost of the Abyss, directed by James Cameron, at 6:30 p.m. on Friday. This documentary will be followed by a slideshow presentation and discussion on Violet Jessop, survivor of the RMS Titanic, HMHS Britannic and the RMS Olympic tragedies.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Thursday night:
- $3.78 a gallon (regular), $4.15 (diesel), BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.99 a gallon (regular), $4.29 (diesel), , 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.79 a gallon (regular), $4.15 (diesel), , 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.79 a gallon (regular), $4.15 (diesel), , 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), $4.19 (diesel) Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
April 13, 1997: On this day in 1997, 21-year-old Tiger Woods won the prestigious Masters Tournament by a record 12 strokes in Augusta, GA. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.