The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts today will be partly cloudy with highs of 71 to 75. Tonight will be mostly clear with record lows of 44 to 48 degrees.
2. Summer Concert Series
The Dexter Area Chamber of Commerce will continue its summer concert series tonight at . Salmagundi performs at 6:30 p.m. The concert is free and open to the public.
3. Muffins and Movies for Adults
The will show Dean Spanley at 2 p.m. Set in Edwardian England where upper lips are always stiff and men from the colonies are not entirely to be trusted, Fisk Senior has little time or affection for his son, but when the pair visit an eccentric Indian, they start a strange journey that eventually allows the old man to find his heart.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Thursday night:
- $3.88 a gallon (regular), $4.13 (diesel), BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $4.09 a gallon (regular), $4.13 (diesel), , 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), $4.13 (diesel), , 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), $4.13 (diesel), , 750 Baker Rd.
- $4.09 a gallon (regular), $3.51 (diesel) BP, 8135 Main St.
- $4.09 a gallon (regular), $4.19 (diesel), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Aug. 17, 1998: On this day in 1998, President Bill Clinton became the first sitting president to testify before the Office of Independent Council as the subject of a grand-jury investigation. The testimony came after a four-year investigation into Clinton and his wife Hillary's alleged involvement in several scandals, including accusations of sexual harassment. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.