The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts today will have patchy fog before 8 a.m. Otherwise, it will be sunny, with a high near 80 degrees. Wednesday night will be mostly clear, with a low around 55 degrees.
2. Bates and Cornerstone Elementary Open House
Bates and Cornerstone elementary schools will host an open house today at 5:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. For more information, visit www.dexterschools.org.
3. Washtenaw County Sheriff's Citizen Police Academy
There is still time to register for the upcoming Fall Citizen Police Academy. This is an excellent opportunity to learn more about the Sheriff's Office and the services they provide. For more information, visit the sheriff's website.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Tuesday night:
- $3.94 a gallon (regular), $4.19 (diesel), BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.99 a gallon (regular), $3.99 (diesel), , 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.95 a gallon (regular), $4.13 (diesel), , 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.95 a gallon (regular), $4.13 (diesel), , 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.99 a gallon (regular), $4.19 (diesel) BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.99 a gallon (regular), $4.19 (diesel), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Aug. 29, 2005: Hurricane Katrina makes landfall near New Orleans, Louis., as a Category 4 hurricane on this day in 2005. Despite being only the third most powerful storm of the 2005 hurricane season, Katrina was the worst natural disaster in the history of the United States. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.