The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts a 70 percent chance of snow, possibly mixed with freezing rain before 1 p.m., then a slight chance of snow showers between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. Friday night will be partly cloudy, with a low around 5 degrees. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 25 degrees.
2. Cosmic Swimming
Cosmic Swim is taking over the Wylie Community Pool in Dexter tonight from 6-8:30 p.m. For just $3 per person and $15 per family, Dexter Community Education will provide tubes, music, lights in the pool, popcorn, and more. Bring your suits, towels, and friends. No registration is required.
3. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
The Encore Musical Theatre in Dexter will perform Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat beginning tonight. Tickets are available on the Encore's website.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Thursday night:
- $3.58 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.65 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.59 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.59 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.65 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.65 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Feb. 8, 1924: On this day, the first execution by lethal gas in American history was carried out in Carson City, Nevada. The executed man was Tong Lee, a member of a Chinese gang who was convicted of murdering a rival gang member. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.