1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts mostly cloudy skies today, with a high near 38 degrees. Monday night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 25 degrees.
2. Dexter Village Council meeting
The Dexter Village Council meets tonight at 7:30 p.m. The council will consider the Planning Commission's recommendation to approve a major amendment to the Planned Unit Development on 8040 Fourth St. to add a “small animal clinic” as a permitted use. Copies of the agenda are available online at www.villageofdexter.org.
3. Dexter Community Schools Superintendent Search
The Dexter Community Schools Board of Education has secured the services of the Michigan Leadership Institute to assist the board with the selection of the district's next superintendent. The board is seeking input from stakeholders across the district.
Representatives of the Michigan Leadership Institute will be in the district on Dec. 19 to gather input regarding desired attributes the next superintendent should be able to demonstrate. Representatives of the Michigan Leadership Institute will be available to meet with community members from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. This input session will be held in the Creekside Intermediate School media center.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Sunday night:
- $3.38 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.39 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.39 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Dec. 10, 1967: On this day in 1967, a plane crash in Madison, Wis., killed soul singer Otis Redding and members of the Bar-Kays band. The plane crashed into Lake Monona, several miles from the Madison airport. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.