The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts partly sunny skies today, with a high near 36 degrees. Tuesday night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 25 degrees.
2. Title IX Meeting
An attorney from the U.S. Department of Education Office of Civil Rights will meet with Dexter parents to talk about the implications and requirements of Title IX legislation. The free session will be held in the Dexter High School Center for Performing Arts, 2200 N. Parker Road. The meeting will take place today from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
3. Discovering Switzerland: A photo pravelogue
Join photographer Betsy Finn for a journey through the Swiss Alps to the picturesque village of Murren. Finn will share portraits and stories of traveling by funicular in the Alps, by cable car to the Matterhorn, by train around Lake Luzern, and more. The presentation will take place at 7 p.m. at the Dexter District Library.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Monday night:
- $3.34 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.35 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.35 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.39 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.39 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Dec. 11, 1941: On this day, Adolf Hitler declareed war on the United States, bringing America, which had been neutral, into the European conflict. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.