The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts sunny skies today, with a high near 42 degrees. Thursday night will be mostly clear, with a low around 28 degrees.
2. Main Street Lane Closure in the Village of Dexter
Beginning tomorrow morning, one lane on Main Street in front of the Dairy Queen (near Central Street) will be closed for an emergency repair of the concrete crosswalk. Two-way traffic will be maintained using the center turn lane. The closure will be necessary until the concrete cures, which is estimated to take Dec. 17. The crosswalk will not be available for use during this time. Please proceed with caution through this area.
3. Prime Rib Dinner at Dexter United Methodist Church
A prime rib and chicken cordon bleu dinner open to the public will take place today from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Dexter United Methodist Church. Children ages 5 and under are free. Adults are $6 each, and families of four or more are $24.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Wednesday night:
- $3.32 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.33 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.33 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.39 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.43 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Dec. 13, 2000:
On this day Vice President Al Gore reluctantly conceded defeat to Texas Gov. George W. Bush in his bid for the presidency, following weeks of legal battles over the recounting of votes in Florida.
In a televised speech from his ceremonial office next to the White House, Gore said that while he was deeply disappointed and sharply disagreed with the Supreme Court verdict that ended his campaign, ''partisan rancor must now be put aside," Gore said.
For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.