The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts a chance of rain after noon. Otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 43 degrees. Monday night there is a chance of rain, with a low around 34 degrees.
2. Dexter Board of Eduction meeting
The Dexter Community Schools Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. at Creekside Intermediate School. The board will consider hiring former Riverview superintendent Dennis Desmarias as interim superintendent for Dexter.
3. Road construction
Work will continue on the crosswalk in front of the Dairy Queen (near Central Street) next week in the village of Dexter. Starting Monday, the center lane of Main Street will be closed. Two way traffic will be maintained. The crosswalk will not be available for use during this time. Please proceed with caution through this area.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Sunday night:
- $3.14 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.25 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.15 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.15 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.29 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.29 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Dec. 17, 1903: On this day near Kitty Hawk, N.C., Orville and Wilbur Wright made the first successful flight in history of a self-propelled, heavier-than-air aircraft. Orville piloted the gasoline-powered, propeller-driven biplane, which stayed aloft for 12 seconds and covered 120 feet on its inaugural flight. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.