The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts rain today, with a high near 46 degrees. Thursday night rain is likely before 11 p.m., then snow. New snow accumulation of less than 1 inch is possible.
2. Better Off Read Book Club Meets
The Dexter District Library's Better Off Book Club meets today at 2 p.m. Registration is required.
3. Forever Plaid: Plaid Tidings
Need a little holiday cheer? Be sure to pick up some tickets to see the Encore Musical Theatre's production of Forever Plaid: Plaid Tidings. Tickets are on sale, and can be purchased by visiting http://www.theencoretheatre.org.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Wednesday night:
- $3.08 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.15 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.09 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.09 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.19 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.19 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Dec. 20, 1957: On this day in 1957, while spending the Christmas holidays at Graceland, rock-and-roll star Elvis Presley received his draft notice for the U.S. Army. After six months of basic training, Presley served in Company D, 32nd Tank Battalion, 3rd Armor Corps in Friedberg, Germany, where he attained the rank of sergeant. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.