The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts a 60 percent chance of snow today, mainly after 1 p.m. Monday night snow is likely, mainly before 1 a.m. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 22 degrees. Christmas Day will be mostly sunny, with a high near 31 degrees.
2. Dexter Christmas Eve Luminaria
The Dexter Village Christmas luminaria will take place tonight in downtown Dexter at dusk. Drive through town to see all the luminarias lining the streets courtesy of the Dexter Area Chamber of Commerce.
3. Art in the Barn
Last minute - buy local. An arts and crafts sale featuring over 25 artist under one roof: painting, photography, sculpture, textiles, glass, jewelry and more. The art show takes place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 416 W. Huron St. in Ann Arbor.
- Artistica Open in Dexter on Christmas Eve
Artistica will be open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday in downtown Dexter. The store is located at 3203 Broad St.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Sunday night:
- $3.18 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.19 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.19 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.19 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.29 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.29 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Dec. 24, 1814: The Treaty of Peace and Amity between England and the United States of America was signed by British and American representatives at Ghent, Belgium, ending the War of 1812. By terms of the treaty, all conquered territory was to be returned. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.