The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts an 80 percent chance of snow, with a high around 30 degrees. Snow is likely before 1 a.m. Wednesday night.
2. Village Council Meeting
The Dexter Village Council meeting regularly scheduled for Dec. 24 has been changed to tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Dexter Senior Center.
3. Hands-On Holidays 2012: Hot & Cold
The Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum is hosting its annual Hands-On Holidays event. Attendees will enjoy special activities, including make and take crafts and experiments. Activities will explore the concepts of hot and cold, including the science of temperature. The event takes place today from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For information, call 734-995-5439.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Tuesday night:
- $3.18 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.19 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.19 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.19 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.29 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.29 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Dec. 26, 2004: On this day, a powerful earthquake off the coast of Sumatra, Indonesia, set off a tsunami that wreaked death and devastation across the Indian Ocean coastline. The quake was the second strongest ever recorded and the estimated 230,000 dead made this disaster one of the 10 worst of all time. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.