The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts partly sunny skies today, with a high near 40 degrees. Thursday night there is a chance of showers, with a low around 35 degrees.
2. Thursday Night Dinner at Dexter United Methodist Church
A community dinner will take place from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. tonight. The cost is $6 per adult or $24 for a family of four or more. Children under age 6 are free. The menu includes spaghetti served with meat sauce, garlic bread and rolls. Vegetarian options include spaghetti squash, with a fresh vegetable and marinara sauce.
3. Lions Club Christmas Tree Sales
The Dexter Lions Club is currently selling Christmas trees next to Creekside Intermediate School on Baker Road. Tree lot hours are weekdays from noon to 8 p.m., and weekends from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Wednesday night:
- $3.34 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.35 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.35 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.35 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.39 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.49 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Dec. 6, 1865: On this day in 1865, the 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, officially ending the institution of slavery, was ratified. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.