The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts scattered flurries after 8 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 39 degrees. Friday night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 27 degrees. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 45 degrees.
2. Artistica extended hours
Artistica will be open from noon until 4 p.m. on Sundays. The shop will be open seven days a week after Black Friday. New items for gift and holiday shopping are available.
3. Dexter Village Recycling Program Feedback
Dexter Village staff are asking for residents' feedback on a proposed change to recycle service. Currently recycling is picked up by Waste Management each Friday. The monthly cost to the village for trash/recycle/compost collection could be reduced 4 percent by switching to every other week recycling.
Residents would be able to use a container of their choice for the recycling (by placing a free sticker on larger containers) and would set it out every other Friday. Making this change would allow the village to keep residents’ trash/recycle/compost rates flat for at least the next three years.
For more information, call 734-426-8303.
4. Campaign letters to the editor
All letters to the editor endorsing candidates or issues must be emailed to email@example.com by 5 p.m. Friday.
5. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Thursday night:
- $3.44 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.49 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.49 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.