The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts areas of drizzle before 11 a.m., then a chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 33 degrees by 5 p.m. Monday night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 27 degrees.
2. Dexter Village Council meeting
The Dexter Village Council will meet tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Dexter Senior Center. The council will hear a presentation from Larry Cobler about the village's Wellness Plan.
3. Scottish Country Dancing: Tartan and Thistle Scottish Country Dancers
Dance jigs, reels, and strathspeys, usually to live music. All dances taught. Scottish Country Dancing is social, not performance oriented, and is suitable for all ages. No partner necessary. Admission is $5. The event takes place at Gretchen's House, 2625 Traver Road in Ann Arbor, beginning at 7:30 p.m.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Sunday night:
- $3.68 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.79 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.69 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.69 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.79 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.79 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Feb. 11, 2012: On this day in 2012, Whitney Houston, one of the world's top-selling singers from the mid-1980s to late 1990s, was found dead in the bathtub of her suite at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.