The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts a chance of rain and snow before 2 p.m. today, then a 40 percent chance of rain Thursday evening. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42 degrees.
2. My Folky Valentine, with Annie & Rod Capps at The Ark
"My Folky Valentine” is The Ark's annual celebration of romance. Each year The Ark presents a few of the region's top musical couples, in the round during Valentine's Day week. Tickets for tonight's show are $15 and can be purchased by calling 734-761-1800. The concert starts at 8 p.m.
3. Aubree's Pizzeria Valentine's Day Dinner
Aubree's is offering a special Valentine's Day dinner for two today for $25-$30. Entree's include spaghetti and meatballs, macaroni and cheese, and fish tacos with a choice of dessert. For more information, call 734-424-1400.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Wednesday night:
- $3.78 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.79 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.79 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Feb. 14, 1929: On this day, four men dressed as police officers entered gangster Bugs Moran's headquarters on North Clark Street in Chicago, lined seven of Moran's henchmen against a wall, and shot them to death. The St. Valentine's Day Massacre, as it is now called, was the culmination of a gang war between arch rivals Al Capone and Bugs Moran. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.