The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts a chance of snow showers before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 29 degrees. Friday night will be cloudy, with a low around 16 degrees.
2. Howell Nature Center Presents "Michigan Mammals"
On Feb. 15 at 11 a.m., the Dexter District Library will host a live animal program featuring Michigan wildlife. Discover the fascinating and unique world of Michigan’s mammals through this hands-on program presented by Howell Nature Center. Learn about the animals that live as close as your own back yard – their habitats, what they eat and what eats them.
3. Dexter Knights of Columbus Fish Fry
The Dexter Knights of Columbus will begin its annual Lenten Fish Fry today. Dinners will be served from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus Hall, 8265 Dexter-Chelsea Road. Meals are $10, $9, and $6 for children under 10.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Thursday night:
- $3.78 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.79 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.79 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.85 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.85 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Feb. 15, 1898: On this day, a massive explosion of unknown origin sunk the battleship USS Maine in Cuba's Havana harbor, killing 260 of the fewer than 400 American crew members aboard. The explosion was later credited to the outbreak of the Spanish-American War in April 1898. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.