The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts snow before noon, then snow showers, possibly mixed with rain showers and freezing drizzle today. Friday night there is a chance of rain showers, snow showers, and freezing drizzle before midnight, then a chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 28 degrees. Saturday there is scattered flurries. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34 degrees.
2. Dexter Knights of Columbus Fish Fry
The Dexter Knights of Columbus will continue its annual Lenten Fish Fry today. Dinners will be served from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus Hall, 8265 Dexter-Chelsea Road. Meals are $10, $9, and $6 for children under 10.
Artistica art gallery in Dexter will celebrate its fifth anniversary on Feb. 22 as part of its monthly "Fourth Friday" open house series. The celebration takes place from 5 to 8 p.m., and will include refreshments, a drawing for a gift certificate, and appetizers.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Thursday night:
- $3.84 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.85 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.83 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.83 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.95 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Feb. 22, 1980: In one of the most dramatic upsets in Olympic history, the underdog U.S. hockey team, made up of college players, defeated the four-time defending gold-medal winning Soviet team at the XIII Olympic Winter Games in Lake Placid, New York. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.