The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts snow, possibly mixed with rain, becoming all snow after 4 p.m. High near 33 degrees. There is an 80 percent chance of snow on Tuesday night, with a low around 31 degrees.
2. All-Choir Concert
A choir concert featuring students from Dexter Community Schools will take place from 7 to 8 p.m. tonight at Mill Creek Middle School.
3. Ornithology: An in-depth look at bird life, anatomy, and identification
Join Dea Armstrong, expert birder and city of Ann Arbor Ornithologist, and Francie Krawcke, Leslie Science & Nature Center raptor program director, for an eight-week intensive ornithology course. We will delve into anatomy and physiology, behavior, taxonomy, reproduction, vocalizations, and identification. This course is perfect for the novice or intermediate birder, and advanced birders will have things to learn as well. The cost is $295. Call 734-997-1553 for more information. Lecture dates (7-8:30 p.m.): Feb. 26; March 5, 12, 19, 26; April 9, 16, 23.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Monday night:
- $3.78 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.83 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.79 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.79 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Feb. 26, 1993: On this day, a bomb exploded in the parking garage beneath the World Trade Center in New York Cit. Six people died and 1,000 were injured by the powerful blast, which also caused the evacuation of thousands of people from the Twin Towers. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.