The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts snow showers likely, mainly before 8 a.m. Cloudy, with a high near 35 degrees. Thursday night will be cloudy, with a low around 21 degrees.
2. Pork Loin Dinner at Dexter United Methodist
Dexter United Methodist Church will host a community dinner on Thursday beginning at 5:30 p.m. The cost of the meal is $6 per adult, and $24 for families of four or more. Children under 5 eat for free. Gift cards will be available to treat a guest for dinner. This is an opportunity to give the cook a night off, enjoy a meal together and have nothing to clean up.
3. St. Andrew's Piece-Makers quilt group meets
The St. Andrew's Piece-makers meet from 9-11 a.m. every Thursday at St. Andrew's United Church of Christ in Dexter. The group is always looking for new members who have an interest in quilting. For more information about the Piece-makers, e-mail Elaine Owsley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Wednesday night:
- $3.84 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.85 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.85 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.95 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Feb. 28, 1993: On this day, agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms raided the Branch Davidian cult compound in Waco, Texas, prompting a gun battle in which four agents and six cult members were killed. The federal agents were attempting to arrest the leader of the Branch Davidians, David Koresh, on information that the religious sect was stockpiling weapons. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.