The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts a 50 percent chance of snow today. Cloudy, with a high near 23 degrees. and a wind chill value as low as 0 degrees.
2. Dexter School Board meeting
The Dexter Community Schools' Board of Education will meet tonight at 7 p.m. at Creekside Intermediate School. The board will consider approving an AP Physics class. A copy of the agenda can be downloaded online at http://dexterschools.org/.
3. Committee Opening
The village of Dexter's Arts, Culture & Heritage Committee is seeking a new member. The committee meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. and is a 11-member group that advises village council on the development of arts, culture and heritage.
To apply for this position complete and return an application online at http://villageofdexter.org/general/reference_desk.htm.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Sunday night:
- $3.79 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.49 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.69 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.69 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.75 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.69 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Feb. 4, 1789: On this day, George Washington, the commander of the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War, was unanimously elected the first president of the United States by all 69 presidential electors who cast their votes. John Adams of Massachusetts, who received 34 votes, was elected vice president. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.