The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts snow showers, mainly after 11 a.m., with a high near 25 degrees today. Tuesday night there is a chance of snow showers before 1 a.m., with a low around 16 degrees.
2. England photography presentation
Travel to England with professional photographer Betsy Finn at the Dexter District Library today. Finn will share her photos and memories of England. Families are welcome. Registration is required. The program begins at 7 p.m.
3. South & West Washtenaw Consortium Open House
The South & West Washtenaw Consortium will hold an open house today at Saline High School from 6 to 8 p.m. The consortium delivers career and technical education to Chelsea, Dexter, Lincoln, Manchester, Milan and Saline school district students.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Monday night:
- $3.79 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.49 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.69 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.69 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.75 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.69 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Feb. 5, 1917: With more than a two-thirds majority, Congress passed the Immigration Act. The law required a literacy test for immigrants and barred Asiatic laborers, except for those from countries with special treaties or agreements with the United States, such as the Philippines. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.