The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts mostly sunny skies today, with a high near 34 degrees. There is a 30 percent chance of snow showers after 8 p.m. Wednesday night.
2. Crafty readers book club meets
The Dexter District Library's book group for second and third graders will be reading books from the Magic Tree House series in January and February. This month’s selection is "Sunset of the Sabertooth." Pick up or reserve a copy at the reference desk when you register. The club meets today from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
3. Catch a preview of The Meaning of Almost Everything
The Purple Rose Theatre in Chelsea is offering audiences a rare preview of Jeff Daniels' newest comedy, The Meaning of Almost Everything. Now through Jan. 17, audiences can "pay what you can" to see the show. All other performances are $22-$42.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Tuesday night:
- $3.18 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.25 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.19 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.19 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.29 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.29 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Jan. 16, 1919: On this day, the 18th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, prohibiting the "manufacture, sale, or transportation of intoxicating liquors for beverage purposes," was ratified in 1919 and became the law of the land. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.