The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts a chance of snow flurries today. Otherwise partly sunny, with a steady temperature around 25 degrees. Thursday night will be mostly clear, with a low around 16 degrees.
2. Dexter United Methodist Church Dinner
Join the Dexter Christian group "Catering for Christ" at a community dinner today from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Dexter United Methodist Church. Tonight's meal includes trout and venison. Children 5 and under eat for free. Adults are $6 each, and families of four or more are $24.
3. Dexter Utility Bills
Dexter Village utility bills for November and December will be mailed this week and are due Feb. 15.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Wednesday night:
- $3.18 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.23 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.19 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.19 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.29 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.29 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Jan. 17, 1961: In his farewell address to the nation, President Dwight D. Eisenhower warned the American people to keep a careful eye on what he called the "military-industrial complex" that has developed in the post-World War II years. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.