The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts mostly sunny skies today, with a high near 21 degrees, and a wind chill value as low as -6 degrees. A chance of snow after 4 a.m., with a low around 13 degrees.
2. Dexter United Methodist Church dinner
Dexter United Methodist Church will host a rost beef dinner tonight from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Children 5 and under eat for free. Adults are $6 each, and families of four or more are $24.
3. Learn how to cook Chinese food
Come celebrate the Chinese New Year with Chef Ming Louie as he prepares pot stickers at the Dexter District Library. Join in the preparation, take home a recipe, and sample the finished product. Start the Year of the Snake off right tonight at 7 p.m. Registration is required.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Wednesday night:
- $3.44 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Jan. 24, 2006: On this day in 2006, Pixar, the company that brought the world the blockbuster hits Toy Story and A Bug’s Life, was sold to the Walt Disney Company for $7.4 billion. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.