The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts showers likely today, with a high near 60 degrees. Tuesday night there is a 90 percent chance of rain, with a low around 46 degrees.
2. Homelessness Presentation
Jennifer Burd, author of Daily Bread: A Portrait of Homeless Men & Women of Lenawee County, and Laszlo Slomovits, member of the award-winning acoustic duo “Gemini," will present an evening of dramatic reading, music and photography at the Dexter District Library today at 7 p.m. There will be a question and answer session at the end of the performance.
3. Dexter Town Hall Meeting
The village of Dexter will host a town hall meeting on Feb. 12 at 7 p.m. at the Dexter District Library. Community members are welcome to attend this open forum with the village council.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Monday night:
- $3.32 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.33 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.33 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.33 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.39 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.39 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Jan. 29, 1845: On this day, Edgar Allan Poe's famous poem "The Raven" was published on this day in the New York Evening Mirror. Poe's dark and macabre work reflected his own tumultuous and difficult life. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.