The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts rain showers before 1 p.m., then a chance of rain and snow showers. The chance of precipitation is 80 percent. Wednesday night there is a chance of snow showers, with a low around 19 degrees.
2. Bible Study
St. Andrew's United Church of Christ will host a Bible study today at 1 and 6 p.m. The public is invited to attend.
3. Book Snackers Book Club
The fourth and fifth grade book group will be reading Running Out of Time by Margaret Haddix this month. A snack will be served at the meeting today. The club meets from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. at the Dexter District Library.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Tuesday night:
- $3.48 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.49 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.49 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.59 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.55 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Jan. 30, 1948: On this day, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, the political and spiritual leader of the Indian independence movement, was assassinated in New Delhi by a Hindu fanatic. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.