The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts cloudy skies, with light snow showers likely on Thursday. Accumulations of snow up to 1 inch in some areas is possible. Temperatures will remain in the mid 20s. Thursday night will be cloudy with a chance of light snow showers, and temperatures between 10 and 14 degrees.
2. Spaghetti dinner at Dexter United Methodist Church
Enjoy a night out and leave the cooking to others during the weekly dinner at Dexter United Methodist Church. Tonight's meal is spaghetti, bread, and salad. Dinners are served from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Children 5 and under eat for free. Adults are $6 each, and families of four or more are $24.
3. Sen. Rebekah Warren presentation
Join the University of Michigan Law School Environmental Law & Policy Program's Lecture Series. Michigan Sen. Rebekah Warren will be speaking tonight from 7:30-8:30 p.m. in South Hall room 1020 (701 S. State St., Ann Arbor).
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Wednesday night:
- $3.48 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.49 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.49 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.49 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.48 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.49 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Jan. 31, 1865: On this day in 1865, the U.S. House of Representatives passed the 13th Amendment to the Constitution, abolishing slavery in America. The amendment read, "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude...shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction." For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.