The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts mostly sunny skies today, with a high near 28 degrees. Friday night will be partly cloudy, with a low around 17 degrees. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 30 degrees.
2. Drop-in craft time at the Dexter Library
Stop by the Story Time Room at the Dexter District Library between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. and make a penguin thermometer refrigerator magnet. All ages are welcome.
3. Varsity boys and girls basketball game
The Dexter High School boys and girls varsity basketball teams will play at Eastern Michigan University today. The girls play at 5:30 p.m., and the boys play at 7 p.m.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Thursday night:
- $3.24 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.39 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.25 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.25 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.39 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.39 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Jan. 4, 1999: On this day in 1999, for the first time since Charlemagne's reign in the ninth century, Europe is united with a common currency when the "euro" debuts as a financial unit in corporate and investment markets. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.