The daily 5 has your weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend today.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts a chance of showers after 3 p.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 82 degrees. Monday night showers are likely, and possibly a thunderstorm before 8 p.m.
2. Dexter Village Council meeting
The Dexter Village Council meets at 7:30 p.m. at the Dexter Senior Center. View a copy of tonight's agenda online.
3. Glass Fusing Class
The Janet Kelman Glass Studio will host a glass fusing workshop from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. today. The cost is $325, including materials and lunch. For more information, visit http://www.janetkelman.com/.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Sunday night:
- $3.68 a gallon (regular), $3.63 (diesel), BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.79 a gallon (regular), $3.79 (diesel), , 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.69 a gallon (regular), $3.63 (diesel), , 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.69 a gallon (regular), $3.63 (diesel), , 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.79 a gallon (regular), $3.63 (diesel) BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.79 a gallon (regular), $4.19 (diesel), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
June 11, 1776: On this day in 1776, the Continental Congress selected Thomas Jefferson of Virginia, John Adams of Massachusetts, Benjamin Franklin of Pennsylvania, Roger Sherman of Connecticut and Robert R. Livingston of New York to draft a declaration of independence. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.