We've included a weather update, gas prices and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
Get out your bathing suit, the National Weather Service is predicting areas of fog before 11 a.m., with a high near 82 degrees today. Tuesday night it will be partly cloudy, with a low around 56 degrees.
2. Dexter Township Board of Trustees meets
The Dexter Township Board of Trustees meets tonight at 7 p.m. at the .
3. Bates Elementary Book Fair
Bates Elementary School is hosting a book fair fundraiser today through Thursday. All proceeds from the book fair will go toward Dexter tornado relief efforts. In addition, there will be a donation box for books for victims of the tornado. The book fair will be open from 8:15 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. today in the library.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Monday night:
- $3.88 a gallon (regular), $4.13 (diesel), BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.99 a gallon (regular), $4.03 (diesel), , 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), $4.13 (diesel), , 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), $4.13 (diesel), , 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.99 a gallon (regular), $3.99 (diesel) , 8135 Main St.
- $3.99 a gallon (regular), $4.18 (diesel) Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
March 20, 1852: Harriet Beecher Stowe's anti-slavery novel, Uncle Tom's Cabin, was published on this day. The novel sold 300,000 copies within three months. For more historical events, visit www.history.com.