More humid, rainy weather is expected this week. The daily 5 has your weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend today.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts mostly sunny skies, with a high near 68 degrees today. Wednesday night will be partly cloudy, with a low around 41 degrees.
2. Eighth grade parent meeting
Students and parents will be given the results to the 2012 ACT EXPLORE test. Students will discover if they are on track to be college and career ready. It is strongly encouraged for all students and parents to attend. The meeting takes place at 7 p.m. in the cafeteria at .
3. Public hearing planned
The Dexter Planning Commission will hold a public meeting at 7:30 p.m. June 4 at the Dexter Senior Center. This will be a public hearing on the proposed Master Plan. The purpose of the Master Plan is to state the goals and identify the policies and strategies regarding land use and development that the village will pursue to attain those goals. A copy of the draft plan is available at the village office and is available on the village’s website at, http://villageofdexter.org/planning/agendas_and_minutes.htm.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Tuesday night:
- $3.74 a gallon (regular), $3.73 (diesel), BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), $3.83 (diesel), , 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.75 a gallon (regular), $3.73 (diesel), , 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.75 a gallon (regular), $3.73 (diesel), , 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), $3.87 (diesel) BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.89 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
May 30, 1431: On this day, Joan of Arc, the peasant girl who became the savior of France, was burned at the stake for heresy against the church in England. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.