The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts flurries likely, mainly between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 37 degrees. Tuesday night will be partly cloudy, with a low around 22 degrees.
2. Thanksgiving Iris Card Workshop
Local Origami crafter Helen O’Toole will help you create a one of a kind Thanksgiving card using the Iris Folding technique. Join Helen for a fun afternoon of Iris Folding. Space is limited to 15 adults. The workshop takes place at 1 p.m. today. Call 734-426-4477.
3. Veterans Day Concert
A Veterans Day concert will take place at the Dexter High School Performing Arts Center from 7-9 p.m. today. The concert is free and open to the public.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Monday night:
- $3.44 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.55 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.55 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Nov. 13, 1850: On this day in 1850, Robert Louis Stevenson, author of Treasure Island and Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, was born in Scotland. Stevenson studied civil engineering and law, but decided to pursue a career as a writer and began publishing essays and travel pieces. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.