The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts a chance of showers before 2 p.m., mostly cloudy, with a high near 51 degrees. Monday night is partly cloudy, with a low around 34 degrees.
2. International Baccalaureate Diploma Program Parent Information Meeting
An International Baccalaureate informational meeting for parents will take place tonight at 7 p.m. at the Dexter High School cafeteria. For more information, email email@example.com.
3. Leaf Pick-up
Leaf pick-up by the Department of Public Works (DPW) will begin on Monday. The DPW will be focusing on leaf pick-up on Monday and Tuesday of each week (weather permitting). Please do not put any debris (garbage, sticks, etc.) in the leaf piles and please do not rake leaves into the road, ditches, storm drains, or parking spots. Waste Management will continue to pick up compost bags through the last Saturday in November (due to the Thanksgiving holiday). Village DPW provides brush chipping service on Wednesdays, which will switch to every other Wednesday after the week of Oct. 15.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Sunday night:
- $3.68 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.75 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.69 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.69 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.75 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.75 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Oct. 15, 1991: After a bitter confirmation hearing, the U.S. Senate voted 52 to 48 to confirm Clarence Thomas to the U.S. Supreme Court on this day. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.