The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts showers, mainly before 2 p.m., with a high near 57 degrees. Thursday night there is a chance of showers before 8 p.m.
2. 91st Annual Sauerkraut Supper
Come join the congregation at St. Andrew's United Church of Christ for the 91st annual sauerkraut supper. Dinners are $10 and include pork roast, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and gravy, homemade knoeffles, homemade pie, and beverages. The dinner is from 4:30 to 7 p.m.
3. The Fantasticks at the Encore Theatre
The Encore Musical Theatre in Dexter will continue its run of the Broadway show The Fantasticks tonight. The show is $26-32, with discounts for seniors, youth and large groups. Tickets may be purchased by visiting www.theencoretheatre.org.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Wednesday night:
- $3.68 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.75 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.69 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.69 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.69 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.69 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Oct. 18, 1954: On this day, the Texas Instruments Company introduced the United States to the first transistor radio. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.