The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts showers likely again today, mainly after 2 p.m. Friday night it will be cloudly with a low around 39 degrees.
2. Sushi Workshop for Teens
Impress your family and friends by learning to make your own vegetarian sushi rolls during this hands-on program at the Dexter District Library today at 7 p.m. This program is open to teens in grades 6-12.
3. Political Signs
Please remember that political signs must not be placed in the village right-of-way which is generally the area between the sidewalk and the curb in front of your home. If you do not have a sidewalk, please keep the sign closer to your house than the road.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Thursday night:
- $3.64 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.65 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.65 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.65 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.65 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.65 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Oct. 19, 1781: On this day in 1781, Gen. Charles Cornwallis formally surrendered 8,000 British soldiers and seamen to a French and American force at Yorktown, VA., bringing the American Revolution to a close. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.