The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts showers will be likely before 10 a.m., with rain throughout the afternoon. Tuesday night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 58 degrees.
2. Bible study at St. Andrew's United Church of Christ
A Bible study will take place Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m. at St. Andrew's United Church of Christ. The public is invited to attend.
3. Dexter Farmers Market
The Dexter Farmers Market is coming to a close soon for the 2012 season. Stop by the market today on Alpine Street from 3-7 p.m. The market will hold a costume contest for dogs on Oct. 27. Judging will take place at 11:30 a.m.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Monday night:
- $3.44 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.55 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.55 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Oct. 23: 1993: On this day, the Toronto Blue Jays win the World Series when Joe Carter whacks a ninth-inning home run to beat the New York Yanakees. It was the first time in baseball history that a team won the championship with a come-from-behind home run. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.