The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts mostly cloudy skies today, with a high near 43 degrees. Monday night there is a chance of rain, with a low around 34 degrees.
2. Winter athletes meeting
Dexter High School athletes are encouraged to attend Monday night's meeting addressing winter sports. The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. in the Dexter High School gymnasium.
3. Pilates class
A Pilates exercise class will take place at St. Andrew's United Church of Christ today at 11:30 a.m. Pilates is a body conditioning routine that helps build flexibility and strength and endurance in the legs, abdominals, arms, hips, and back.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Sunday night:
- $3.49 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.49 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.49 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.49 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Oct. 29, 1929: On this day, Black Tuesday hit Wall Street as investors traded 16.4 million shares on the New York Stock Exchange in a single day. Billions of dollars were lost, wiping out thousands of investors, and stock tickers ran hours behind because the machinery could not handle the tremendous volume of trading. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.