The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts rain, possibly mixed with snow, becoming all rain after 2 p.m. today. Showers are likely Tuesday night, with a low around 37 degrees. There is a 60 percent chance of precipitation.
2. Dexter High School Halloween Concert
The Dexter High School bands will perform a Halloween-themed concert at the Performing Arts Center today beginning at 7 p.m. The public is invited.
3. Going Gluten Free
The Dexter District Library will present a program on gluten-free foods beginning at 7 p.m. The program is free and open to the public.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Monday night:
- $3.49 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.49 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.45 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.49 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.49 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Oct. 30, 1991: On this day in 1991, the so-called "perfect storm" hit the North Atlantic producing remarkably large waves along the New England and Canadian coasts. Over the next several days, the storm spread its fury over the ocean off the coast of Canada. The fishing boat Andrea Gail and its six-member crew were lost in the storm. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.