The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts areas of frost before 8 a.m. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 56 degrees. Monday night there will be partly cloudy skies, with a low around 41 degrees.
2. Dexter School Board meeting
The Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. at Creekside Intermediate School. A copy of the agenda can be downloaded on the district's website.
3. Village Council meeting
The Dexter Village Council will meet at 7:30 p.m. at the Dexter Senior Center. A copy of the meeting agenda can be downloaded on the village's website. The council will consider granting a liquor license request to Foggy Bottom Coffee House.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Sunday night:
- $3.86 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $3.95 a gallon (regular), Sunoco, 2940 Baker Rd.
- $3.87 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 195 Baker Rd.
- $3.87 a gallon (regular), Pilot Service Station, 750 Baker Rd.
- $3.95 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $3.95 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Oct. 8, 1861: On this day, the Great Chicago Fire began in 1871. It went on to kill 250 people, leave 100,000 people homeless and destroy thousands of buildings. The fire was responsible for an estimated $200 million in damages. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.