The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts today will be sunny, with a high near 79 degrees. Tuesday night will be mostly clear, with a low around 54 degrees.
2. Movie screening: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
In honor of the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, the will show the film Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close today at 2 p.m. The movie is free and open to the public.
3. Wylie Elementary School Open House
Wylie Elementary will host an open house for parents today from 6-7 p.m. For more information, email email@example.com.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Monday night:
- $4.08 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $4.15 a gallon (regular), , 2940 Baker Rd.
- $4.09 a gallon (regular), , 195 Baker Rd.
- $4.09 a gallon (regular), , 750 Baker Rd.
- $4.09 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $4.19 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. This day in history
Sept. 11, 2001: On this day in 2001 terrorists from Saudi Arabia and several other Arab nations hijacked several planes in the United States, crashing two into the World Trade Center in New York, one in Pennsylvania, and one into the Pentagon in Washington, D.C. Close to 3,000 people died in the World Trade Center and its vicinity. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.