The daily 5 has the weather forecast, gas prices, and some suggestions on how to spend your day.
1. The weather
The National Weather Service predicts today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 82 degrees. Thursday there is a 30 percent chance of rain, with a low around 57 degrees.
2. St. Andrew's Piece-makers quilt group meet
The meet from 9-11 a.m. every Thursday at in Dexter. The group is always looking for new members who have an interest in quilting. For more information about the Piece-makers, email Elaine Owsley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Songs, Slams, and S'mores
Join the Dexter Arts, Culture & Heritage Committee for its annual "Songs, Slams and S’mores" event Sept. 22 starting at p.m. in Mill Creek Park (behind the Dexter fire station). Share a song, tell a story, or read a poem around the fire – or just listen and enjoy a free s’more. The evening concludes with a drum circle at 8:30 p.m.
4. Gas prices
MichiganGasPrices.com reports the following gasoline prices in the Dexter area as of Wednesday night:
- $4.08 a gallon (regular) BP, 200 Baker Rd.
- $4.19 a gallon (regular), , 2940 Baker Rd.
- $4.09 a gallon (regular), , 195 Baker Rd.
- $4.09 a gallon (regular), , 750 Baker Rd.
- $4.09 a gallon (regular), BP, 8135 Main St.
- $4.19 a gallon (regular), Mobil, 7177 Dexter-Ann Arbor Rd.
5. Sept. 13, 1971: A four-day riot at Attica Prison came to a violent end as law enforcement officials opened fire, killing 29 inmates and 10 hostages and injuring many more. The prison insurrection was the bloodiest in U.S. history. For more historic dates, visit www.history.com.